You’ve probably heard of Big Data but have you heard of Dark Data?
Big Data refers to the volumes of structured data generated every second of every day, whilst Dark Data is the subset of unstructured data generated over time that sits beneath it. It is, by example, the email conversation that led to the purchase order.
How is it relevant to PST Management?
Whilst most unstructured data is managed – files on a file server are backed up, emails on an email server are archived – Dark Data is the exception and often goes unmanaged. In our example, it is the email conversation that is contained in a PST file that is stored on the sales representative’s laptop. It exists but it does so outside the primary email environment and thus usually outside of any management policies.
Why should this concern you?
Dark Data increases costs and generates risk for organizations. It is costly and is discoverable. Focusing on PST files…
- Collectively, they store thousands, possibly millions of messages and consume terabytes of storage. They complicate backup and recovery processes.
- They are difficult to discover, more difficult to search and they typically do not comply with government or corporate information management policies, frustrating both Corporate IT and Legal Representatives.
- PST data is hard to migrate and ingest into the Exchange Information Store, or archive to a third party solution.
- Ultimately, PST files are dark, hidden threats, consuming valuable resources, complicating eDisclosure and increasing organisations’ legal risk.
- C2C has years of experience solving email management problems for organisations both large and small, across a wide range of industries. We offer a suite of simple yet sophisticated solutions that address all the complexities and challenges of managing PST data. Our PST Management solutions enable organisations to control of their distributed corporate email and mitigate the risks associated with unmanaged PST data. With C2C’s solutions, you may…
- Reduce costs associated with supporting and storing many thousands of end user created PST files that consume terabytes of storage.
- Manage PST data to comply with government and corporate information management policies.
- Minimize the risks and limit corporate liability associated with dark data in the form of undiscovered PST data.
C2C’s ArchiveOne Enterprise and PST Enterprise products provide robust PST management & elimination capabilities:
PST Enterprise is a stand-alone application for those who simply want to securely capture and ingest PST data and eliminate PST files.
Search the C2C resources section to find case studies, whitepapers and guides, datasheets, feature comparisons, solution briefs and webinars.
Hear what some of our customers say about how C2C products have helped solve their storage, retention, capacity, eDiscovery and compliance issues.
Learn more about the business benefits and information management issues that C2C solutions have resolved for some of our customers.
- Call 508 870 2205
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org